Thursday, October 21, 2010

Social Workers & Technology

I decided to create this blog as an outlet to share my love of social work and technology. I am a social worker employed in a college setting, I also own my own employment agency that focuses on placing social workers in contractual and non-contractual temp, temp-to-perm, and permanent employment opportunities. I have been in the field of non-traditional social work since 1987 and have within the last five years become very interested in the use of technology in direct practice and education. Through this blog I hope to share stories of my professional experiences in the field, and a bit about technology and the "tech toys" I have found particularly useful in my practice.

While I believe technology has greatly enhanced our lives for the better, I would be derelict if I failed to discuss issues associated with the misuse of technology, such as cyber-bullying and internet related addictions. See video link below for information on internet addiction.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMhTtjAzgOA

No comments:

Post a Comment